Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Believer but not religious

I wish and pray whenever I visit a church for the first time.
I'm not prayerful - I honestly admit it. In fact, I don't go to church every Sunday to pray, to sincerely thank Him for all the blessings that have come my way. I don't usually pray before going to bed nor after waking up from a restful sleep, unlike other people I know who do it daily. Waking up each day is a blessing to be thankful for, but for me, it is just a simple day to look forward to. Knowing that the next day will come again, I don't have to pray for today's arrival.

I just pray whenever I feel like praying and wherever I want to pray.

True enough, I talk to the Creator when I'm in my darkest days, blaming Him for the bad things that happen to me. I only come to Him in times of trouble. Whenever I'm down. Whenever I'm weary. I pray when I need Him, requesting my wish be granted. I remember Him every time I ask for something I want to have, being selfishly materialistic.
I traveled from Yerevan to Sevan using public transportation just to see this picturesque Sevan Cathedral in Armenia. 
Meanwhile, however, I don't remember Him on the verge of my successes, forgetting He has planned them for me. Most of the time, I don't acknowledge Him in times of happiness. To say His name while I experience total bliss also doesn't work for me.

Looking from any angle, I know it is not good. It is not right. He doesn't deserve to be remembered only when I'm needy. He is worthy of the highest level of praise, merited of the greatest recognition. He must always be known whatever the situation is - be it good or bad.
San Guillermo Parish Church in Bacolor, Pampanga.
I'm not religious but I have faith in Him. I don't regularly pray but when I do, I always make sure that my heart is pure, serious, and real. No pretensions, no doubts. Just all-out heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment